Re: bash export problem

Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> > > The escape strings are not exported to the environment, i.e., they are
> > > empty.
> >
> > cygwin upcases all environment names.
>
> Huh? Is this a DOS resp. NT mandate?

Huh huh?  The cygwin code is riddled with hacks, bugs, and
misunderstandings; this is just another one.  Here's the relevant
comment from dcrt0.cc:

/* Amazingly, NT has a case sensitive environment name list,
   only sometimes.
   eg, it's normal to have NT set your "Path" to something.
   Later, you set "PATH" to something else.  This alters "Path".
   But if you try and do a naive getenv on "PATH" you'll get nothing.

   So we upper case the labels here to prevent confusion later. */

You have the code and thre right to change it.  Have at it.

--
<J Q B>
-