Catching g++ error output

Well, this question is less about the Cygnus win32 itself and more about
one of the tools included with it, but...

Is there any way to capture the error output from g++ when it fails on a
compile?  Sometimes, a few simple typos or minor bugs can generate more
than a screen-full of output, and so I loose the earliest lines.

On UNIX w/ Xwindows, I can just scroll back within the window.  But
Windows95 doesn't have that option.  I've tried using '>' to dump it into
a file, but that didn't work.  (I didn't expect it to as it doesn't on
UNIX, but I figured I'd try.)

Any suggestions of some way to manipulate the bash or possibly an add-on
I could download or some simple trick I've just missed would be appreciated.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-