[BUGS?] in 17.1, re: ~ expansion, #!scriptpath, mv

1)	cd ~/proj
does not work, while
	cd ~ ; cd proj
does. Bug?  Or is this a bash feature?

2) while bash recognizes that files which start with #! are executable, it
   does not appear to parse the line to call the program.  Is that true?
   [In my example, a file which starts with #!/usr/local/bin/python starts
   a bash shell instead of a Python shell.]

3) Sometimes mv fails to copy without yielding an error message.  I can't
   recreate the exact circumstances right now.

--david ascher

-