Re: what is status of linking with Tcl/Tk libs?

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Andrew Patrick wrote:

> I see from the mail archives that this is an FAQ, but there is little
> recent information and no general solution.
>
> Is there a procedure available, or something to download, that will
> let one link against the Tcl and Tk libs using gnu-win32?
>
> Thanks

Last I saw, you can ither make a fairly slow litcl.a by making the unix
sources under gnu-win32, make a libtcl.a from the "stock" tcl76.dll from
sun, which may have problems, or make the tcl76.dll with BC 5.0 or newer
 and make a library from that, which would probably be your best bet.  ON
another not, will shared libraries ever be supported (i.e. libtcl7.6.so.1
?)

-