German Keyboard in b18 - no ~,@,|,\

I installed the Beta18 usertools.exe on a German Vesrion of Win95.
I use a german keyboard, where some characters  (~,|,\,@) are to be typed using the
left Alt-Key (It ist named "Alt Gr" on the keyboard)

It works in a DosBox, It worked in b17.1 - but not in b18.
When I do a
cat - > testfile
and enter - say "Alt Gr"+Q ( that's where @ is) i see a @ appearing.

When I use vi - lienedit-mode (set -o vi) and enter Ctrl+V "Alt Gr"+q I see
a ^[@ appearing. That made me think the combination "Alt Gr"+q sends
a ESC+@ sequence.
I redefined ESC+@ to @ in .inputrc :
Then I got @ where i wanted it.
But this does'nt harmony with vi - style linediting. I can't use ESC+k to get the previous
history -line anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.
Since I did subscribe only the announcment-Mailing List, Iwould prefer a direct Email answer, if possible.

The only thing i changed, when upgrading to b18 was - all mounts are binary (including C: to /).

Stefan Bittner
stefan.bittner@pobox.com

-