RE: b18 "patch" assertion fails

Gary Bishop[SMTP:gb@cs.unc.edu] wrote:
>patch dies with
>
>assertion "hunk" failed: file "/home/noer/src/beta18/cdk/patch/patch.c",
>line 339
>
>when I try to apply Sergey's patches for X11R6.3.  It has successfully
>applied several patches before failing.
>
>Anyone else seen this?

I saw this error, among others, when trying to get a diff I had made
to properly patch some files I have. I also saw patch become strangely
confused on a couple of hunks and output a lot of garbage into the
"patched" file. I heard that patch was broken in b17.1, and it seems
to me that it is still broken in b18...

Maybe you could try rebuilding patch from the GNU sources...

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - colin@bird.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-