Re: Access to NT 4.0 from UNIX system running X

TC Hazzard wrote:

> Hello: I would like to be able to access applications running on an NT
> 4.0 server from a BSD UNIX system running X. I would like to know if
> there is a good X Client for NT or something similar which might work. I
> had seen mention of a product called XWindows Connection by ConnectSoft
> but have not found any details or even if this product was ever
> released. Any other suggestions are gratefully welcome. Thanks.

There is a fairly nice product called "NTrigue" from Insignia Solutions
that might give you the kind of functionality you're looking for.
NTrigue runs on an NT server and provides access to separate,
virtualized Windows sessions to any X (or ICA (Citrix)) clients that
connect to it.

The only real drawback I saw to the product was that it's a little
pricey.  I minimum setup with a 5 user license was going to cost us in
the neighborhood of $500 per user.

For more information, check out http://www.insignia.com/NTRIGUE/

<ED>
-