Re: what went wrong?

Stephen Crowley wrote:
>>  Just wondering but what did you guys do to screw up b18 so bad?

Well, I don't think that was really deserved.  I thought the "b" in
"b18" was for "beta"--thus some problems are to be expected.  Most
everything still works for me, and lots of stuff that didn't work
under b17 does now.

Geoffrey> I also haven't seen a slowing in starting programs or in
Geoffrey> compiling executables.  In fact, I see a speed-up in compile
Geoffrey> times over beta 17...

Hm.  I don't see that.  In general things, including compiles, seem
much slower now.

--
| Charles R. (C. R.) Oldham     |         NCA Commission on Schools  |
| cro@nca.asu.edu               |  Arizona St. Univ., PO Box 873011  |

-