Completely Windowless Bashing

I have Java program that wants to exec a long bash script like "sh -c
script > /tmp/msg 2>&1" and I would prefer if the execution of the
shell script proceeded without any window creation.

I rebuilt bash using '-Wl,--subsystem,windows' and now the top-level
process (bash) does not create a window but each subprocess does.
(Incredibly this seems to run faster than the original bash where each
subprocess updated the top-level title bar.)

An obvious but unpleasant solution is to compile all the user-tools
using -Wl,--subsystem,windows.  Can anyone recommend a better tasting
solution?  Maybe there is some run-time mechanism whereby I can
substitute /dev/null for the console?

-thanks

-