Ncurses1.9.9g

Hello,
 I've compiled Ncurses with no problems in the compile it came out very
nice. One problem now is every time i try to run a test program included
with the ncurses distribution well it says
terminal linux unknown or can't open linux.
linux is set in both env an set for term. Can someone point me or tell
me what I'm doing wrong. The system is win95 mounts are all mounted
correct an there's no /r's ;)
THanks,

--
Jason L. Esman aka _Jman