cp problem on Win95, mv question

1) First a simple question with b18 and Windows NT. Is it true you
can't `mv' files between disks. Namely,

  mv //c/work.txt //a

generates an error. I can manually cp and rm the files, but not
moving.

2) I used to work with Win95. After some time I realized that the
`cp' command was broken! When I copied files files sized a few 10K,
some parts of the destiny files had zero's inside. Also, `cmp' didn't
complain. `xcopy' nor `copy' had these problems.
I think it is a rather severe bug. Also I would be very surprised if
it has anything to do with my hardware, because Win95, WinNT and OS/2
are running flawlessly. I 'fixed' the problem by leaving Win95 in
favor for WinNT. Here the the fault does not occur.

3) I have CleanSweep installed. It looks like that running `ls'
updates, or at least reads, the registry file. Something to do with
mounts. I get a dialog by CleanSweep 'to monitor the setup'. Of
course I just press the cancel button, but it is rather annoying to
do so every time you type `ls'. Can't there be done something about
it?

Besides this, great to have the GNU tools also on NT!

Mark Ruys

------- End of Forwarded Message

-