Install of B18 does not work.

Hi,

  I am having a bit of difficulty getting usertools.exe from the /latest
directory to install on my machine.  I have twice downloaded the file
and tried multiple times to install, all to no avail.

Here are the facts:

1)  I use RedHat Linux (kernel 2.0.30) at home.  This is what I have
been using to ftp the usertools.exe file.

2)  I use tar on my Linux machine to put the file onto 3 diskettes.

3)  I use Windows NT 4.0 FixPack 3.0 at work. (Intel Pentium 166, 32Mb
Ram, 1.6Gb HD with almost 600Mb free space.  NTFS Filesystem)

4)  I am using djtar (tar utility distributed with djgpp compiler since
I can't find one for WinNT) to untar the file from the diskettes.

-- To this point everything seems to be going ok --

5)  I run usertools.exe.  The Install Shield dialog box appears telling
me that it is copying the install files I need.

6)  The progress bar reaches approximately 43% then stops and displays
an error.

7)  The error text is: "Failed to uncompress %s.  There may not be
enough free space in the TEMP directory"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ NOTE:  I believe this to be the exact wording,
however, the actual message my say "copy")

As I noted in fact 3, I have approximately 600Mb of free space on my
drive.  To my knowledge, there isn't a way to allocate space to a
specific directory.  Even if your file is compressed 90% (ie is 10% of
it's original size) the largest it should become is approximately 40Mb.
(The download is approximately 4Mb).  So I should have enough room (I
think) to continue the install.  I have read the read me concerning the
installation of the tools.  Is there anything else I can do or try
either in configuration or use a different file (ie not B18) to install
this?? Or is there a way I can get the files outside of your SFX file???
(ie, is there a way I can manually install this, not using your
installation program???)

Thanks for your help, I am looking forward to using these tools.

Jeff Bowman
jtbowman@theshop.net
wolfjb@hotmail.com
--