Re: problems with linker

Andreas Jellinghaus <jelling@iitb.fhg.de> writes:

>i have big problems with the dynamic linker :
>there is a function Pof_Create that creates a linked list of type void*.
>we have a static table mOblist with entry Create, to typecast this to
>the right type, so we don't need to typecast with every function call.
>The items in this list should have the addresses of the Pof_ functions.
>
>when i link my program (calling the functions in this struct) static with the
>library (the struct and all functions are in this library), everything
>works ok. but if i create a simple or a relocable dll and link with the dll,
>the struct has bad values and i get segmentation faults.

If you're accessing a DLL's global or static variables from outside
the DLL, then some additional work is needed.  See
<http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh/gnu-win32/how-to-build-dlls.html>.

P.S.  For anyone already using the Makefile.DLLs from that WWW page,
I recently updated that with a patch from Sergey, so the main program
no longer needs to explicitly set the DLL's impure_ptr.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.