Re: JNI and GCC

Try System.loadLibrary();

To use System.load() your DLL must be in some kind of shared library
path.  Unfortunately, JDK docs, as far as I can tell, did not tell
us what it is on Windows platform.

Igor Boukanov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use gcc from b18 to implement JNI native libraris but without
> much success, i.e. I was able to create dll, but I could not load libarary
> from JVM. After the execution:
> System.load("C:\\test\\test.dll");
> I always got:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\test\test.dll
>         at java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:397)
>         at java.lang.System.load(System.java:553)
>         at Prompt.main(Prompt.java:32)
>
> In the same time I saw in the list archive that some guys at least were
> able to call native methods. So what is a problem?
>
> P.S.
>
> I also noticed that I can load system, MS-OFFICE dll's and  cygwin.dll
> from Sergey, but not the one from oficial b18 package (of cause, they do
> not contain any Java methods and the linking failed). So what is the
> difference?
>
> Regards, Igor Boukanov.
> igor.boukanov@fi.uib.no
> http://www.fi.uib.no/~boukanov/
>
> -
begin:          vcard
fn:             Jackal Yu
n:              Yu;Jackal
org:            Interlink Harbor Ltd.
adr:            2815 - 14Ave SE;;;Calgary;AB;T2A 0J8;Canada
email;internet: jhkyu@ibm.net
title:          Co-op Students
tel;work:       (403) 231-9884
tel;fax:        (403) 248-7900