Re: EA DATA. SF in B19?

>Date: 24 Sep 1997 18:12:00 +0200
>From: mh@mike.franken.de (Michael Hirmke)
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: Re: EA DATA. SF in B19?
>
>Hi Earnie,
>
>>Is it planned to use Sergey's contribution of extended attributes in
the
>>B19 release??
>>
>>If so, there needs to be a way to turn it off especially in the
>>situation of a FAT directory.  As a matter of fact in the case of the
>
>Uhm, it only happens with a FAT filesystem :)
>
>>FAT directory the default should be off and an environment variable
used
>>to turn it on.
>
>Bye.
>Michael.
>--
>Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
>Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
>90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:mh@mike.franken.de
>                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
>-

According to the answer I received from Sergey.  His comment to me was
to not use the FAT directory.  I have since returned to the original B18
cygwin.dll and the file in question has gone from 144meg to 16meg in
just two days.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------