Re: problems with configure

Wolfgang Stuerzlinger wrote:

> I guess this is a known problem, but I was not able to run configure
> sucessfully on the lesstif package using beta18 with the patches for the
> X-libraries. At one or the other point in the script the system (Win95)
> hung. As there are many subdirectories in the source tree doing the
> configuration by hand would be way too timeconsuming.

You might want first to edit configure to remove -ansi-pedantic. The
following works for me with lesstif-0.81:

 ./configure --disable-debug --disable-verbose --enable-production
--prefix=/usr/X11R6.3
 make -i

The -i is to ignore errors in the mwm make. You may also find you need
to install things separately:

 cd include; make install
 cd ../lib ; make install

--
Dr David Coe                         \=\
58 Fairlawn Drive, East Grinstead     \=\