egcs+coolview update

Just to let folks know, coolview-971030 (thanks Sergey!) works like a
charm with egcs. I have currently two versions of egcs working (either
works the same way for C/objc/f77, and only differ for C++):

 a. Hacked backend to desupport arbitrary/named sections. This is the
    way the CDK compiler works, so shouldn't be a surprise. This is
    the one that is available via my gnu-win32 WWW page right now.

 b. (Highly experimental) hacked C++ front-end to output all templates
    and vtables/rtti info in named sections, not just the implicitly
    defined ones. This makes the symbols something akin to ELF weak
    symbols and makes working with templates a joy! This is how Borland
    C++ works for example, as do most ELF based tools.

    Anybody who wants to beta-test (b), please drop me a line.

Again, these two only differ in the support for C++ (esp templates), not
for C, F77 or objC.

I've successfully built a ~250K LOC C++ project with both versions, as
well as octave-2.0.9 (my favorite test case -- a healthy mixture of C++
and F77).

In either compiler, there is a minor change to winup/cygwin.din to account
for changes in libgcc changes.

There seems to be little interest in cygwin32 target in the gcc dev
community (none of the developers use it I would assume), so it might be
a while before my changes are examined (and fixed, since most of the
changes need to sanitized so other targets don't get affected incorrecly)
by the experts. In the meantime, I'll upload my binaries so others can
play with it.

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/