mailing-list archives

How can I get more recent mailing list archives? I've got the messages
since I joined the list, and there are .gz files of stuff up to Nov 1996,
but Feb 1997 - Sep 1997 I can only get to on the Web, one message at a
time, v.laboriously. Can I get an archive of all messages this year?

Thanks to Earnie Boyd for his "please check these URLs" messages --- but
has anyone got a more comprehensive set of FAQs than those currently
available? I like this tool very much, but it's taking me ages to find info
on how to use the various tools. Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,
Regards,
Tom.

-