date in a backgrounf task ?

Hi *,

I'm trying to use "date" in a batch file, which is called by an NT service
(Legato Networker save). Whenever the date command gets started, it sits
there doing nothing, leaving the batch file waiting forever. Only way to
get the batch running further is to kill date.exe from taskmanager.

Any idea, what might cause this behaviour ?
If I start this batch from the command line, everything work as
expected.

This is NT4 Server SP3 German with Cygnus' cdk B18 and latest coolview.

Thx and bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-