Re: Newbie Problem with Linker!

On 13 Dec 97 at 16:49,  Vincenzo Canestrale <v.canestrale@isnet.it>
wrote:

> From:          "Vincenzo Canestrale" <v.canestrale@isnet.it>
> To:            <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
> Subject:       Newbie Problem with Linker!
> Date:          Sat, 13 Dec 1997 16:49:12 +0100

> Hi to all,
>
> I think mine is a very basic question.....
>
> I'd like to compile a program that opens a
> simple window in Windows95.

Hi, Vicenzo!

In the Cygnus page
	http://www.cygnus.com/misc/

there's reference to a help page (FAQ) you should consult.

Programming MS Windows is a little difficult :-), but you will find
some help in the page "Introduction to the Win32 Application
Programming Interface", at

	http://www.microsoft.com/WIN32DEV/APIEXT/INTRO32.HTM

Microsoft created this mess, so it should explain it. :-)

A complete "Hello Windows"  program is at
	http://www.relisoft.com/win32/winnie.html

that contains indications to an almost complete practical Windows
programming course.  A must read.

If we talk about books, Programming Windows 95, by Petzold & Yao, is
still the best, as far as i know.

Not related to Cygnus Gnu-Win32 -- a. k. a. cygwin --, is the
excellent DJGPP FAQ, by Eli Zaretski et al.  Maybe you know that
DJGPP is -- like cygwin -- another implementation of GCC for the MS
world.  Actually DJGPP is for MS-DOS, but the FAQ has almost
everything you should know to compile a program under GCC -- or a
version of it. Please find it somewhere in

	http://www.delorie.com

Follow the (easy to follow) links in this site and you'll get there.
:-)

Best regards,
++Hilton
Hilton Fernandes
email: hgfernan@usp.br
       hilton@lsi
www:   http://www.lsi.usp.br/~hilton.html
M. Sc. Student of Parallel Distributed Applications
at LSI (Laboratory of Integrated Systems)
University of S. Paulo - Brazil
-