Re: Winsock networking etc..

From: jman <jman@lx.net>
To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
Date: Sunday, February 01, 1998 9:12 PM
Subject: Winsock networking etc..

>  Has anyone got winsock or winsock2 or any network headers/libs
>working for http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/
>or am I just out of luck. Even basic winsock1.1 apps fail with the
>mingw32 tho I can compile them fine with lcc an the full Cygnus
>distribution. I want to use mingw32 but that is holding me back an I'm
>not good enough to work it in :( wish I was...

I'm not using that release, and it took a bit of fooling around, but I
have managed to make a simple WinSock application under Mingw32 with EGCS
1.0. Actually, doing this allowed me to discover a mistake or two in my
Win32 API snapshot, which I will try to get up on my web site in the near
future.

NOTE: I'm using my version of the GNU Win32 API headers (from 0.1.2), but
the Winsock part of these is only a little modified from the originals. A
description of the actual problems you are having might help.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters -- colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162

-