Alt-gr $ problem with national keyboard (danish)

Hi there

I have installed the Cygwin programs - GREAT - but I have a nasty
problem.
Several of the characters $,\ and ~ I can only get by pressing the
ALT-GR
and 4 (for $). Likewise of the others. However I can not get my ALT-GR
to work in the bash - even if I do an export TERM=linux (and have
/etc/termcap). This is due to the danish national keyboard that I have.

This is a major bummer for me as you will understand.

Any clues, please also reply directly to me.

Best Regards