introduction; questions to follow

Hello, All!

I've gotten cygwin32 (with Sergey's coolview extensions) up and
running on my NT (4.0 workstation) box, and most things seem to
work very nicely!  I'm not really a programmer; I just prefer the
UN*X environment to Windows.  I am starting to learn how to use
the GNU development tools, though.

I do have a few questions; I looked in the archive and FAQ and
didn't see obvious answers.  I'll post my questions as separate
emails in the interest of keeping the ml-archive organized.

Byron
fiat_owner@yahoo.com
--
Jon Byron Davis                                        617.629.4194
88 Concord Ave. #2                                  jbdavis@mit.edu

"We saw shadows of the morning light -- shadows of the evening sun"
-