Re: Problem with `window manager already running' X-windows error

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 08:40:36AM +0000, vischne@ibm.net wrote:
> Someone recently posted to this conference about starting up X-windows
> and getting a `window manager already running' message when fvwm was
> supposed to come up.

That's because most X-servers for Windows come with a built-in WM, usually
a twm-clone, which needs to be disable.  Then they need to edit their
local xinitrc, or whatever starts the Xserver locally, and start their
WM of choice, which in this case seems to be fvwm95-2.

-