Re: Problem with `window manager already running' X-windows erro

Tijs,

> However, using X-Util32 you can tell X-Win32 to go into a "single
> window mode" (select Option -> Window settings -> Single). Now you
> can use any window manager you like. In the "single window mode"
> you can also play a script like the one in the MI/X example above
> (except of course for the first line).

Thank you for the correction.

> BTW, switching from MI/X to X-Win32 solved the problem I reported
> earlier regarding XPaint-2.5.3. Of course this is not really a
> solution, since X-Win32 is not free, far from it.

Attempts to get the sources for MI/X server didn't get anywhere. Since their
attitude is "we don't need it, we don't fix it", I don't think there is much
we can do.

BTW, I sent my patches to the maintainer of xpaint so future versions may
compile out of the tarfile.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu