Re: Time and motion studies of gcc and egcs and LCC

On this subject, Sergey says that 70% of the time
running .../configure is loading/unloading dll's, my (very
limited) understanding of win32 suggests that
most of that time would be spent on cygwin.dll,
since each VM get's a copy of the system VM.

Would it be any advantage to get cygwin.dll
loaded into the system VM at boot time?
possibly from system.ini?