Re: Beta-19 and configurations....

   Hi John,

   Most, if not all of the coolview changes will be included in the next
   release.  I can't speak to the text=binary; but only to say, that since
   it is a requirement with the coolview that it will be the default setup
   mode in B19.

Glad to hear it.

   I prefer setting up my own filesystem directories.  So setting up
   default ones doesn't really appeal to me.

This is why I requested that this be an installation option.  As it is,
there are *way* too many things that have to be properly configured to
get things working (like /dev/null is not even configured by default).
I love to hack, but unfortunately, I just need to get work done these
days...

   As for utilities, if you check the project page you will understand why
   they are not included.  However, I must admit that it would be nice to
   have executable binaries for man, info and less; but that would also
   require having binaries for termcap and/or ncurses.  I would rather
   Cygnus spend it's time working on gcc and binary tools then I can just
   port the others.

Sigh.  Again, to get a sufficiently functioning system, I have been
forced to back gnuwin32 with U/WIN, since this is a "complete" release
of unix tools.  I would much rather have a complete release from
gnuwin...

--KUBI--
Professor John Kubiatowicz
Computer Science Division