Re: telnetd

Hi Chrissy,

http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/win32/X11R6.3

> 2.) my tar files from that surgio guy (remote and cooltools) dont work, it
> says "Doesnt seem like a tar file"

Make sure you did the ftp in binary mode.

> 3.) i installed cdk.exe.. that left me with no /usr or /local or anything
> like that.. what am i missing?

Consult the FAQ:

       http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/faq_toc.html

in particular the section "Release Notes for beta 18".

> 4.) i saw you talk about mi/x. how did you implement it and is it better
> than x11r6.3

See the X11R6.3 URL above.

> and one last silly question:
> what is the name of the exe that actually gets the deal up and going? is it
> bash.exe?

bash.exe is the executable for the bash shell; there are many others
execuatbles such as gcc.exe, cp.exe, ls.exe to name a few. You need
to read the available documentation. Start from

       http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/

  Good Luck,

--
Arlindo da Silva