Re: Building a relocatable DLL - fails

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Julian <06118120389-0001@t-online.de>
An: gnu-win32@cygnus.com <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
Datum: Samstag, 7. Februar 1998 13:02
Betreff: Building a relocatable DLL - fails

Hi,
>You published a brief note on how to build a relocatable DLL with
>GNU-WIN32, dating from March 5, 1997. Although the compilation did not
>report any errors, the result "main.exe" which I produce crashes stating
>an "Access Violation" (Core dump) on Windows NT.
>
>When I try to run "main.exe" under Windows 95, I get informed on
>stdout: "Cannot run MAIN.EXE". I used the program exactly as given in
>the document (attached for your convenience), using copy-and-paste. All
>environment variables are set correctly. (I have previously been able to
>compile and run the non-relocatable DLL example.)

 I have similar problems, although at least the sample codes found on the
cygnus WWW-sites
works. I have get compiled and linked some more complex DLL's but I haven't
got any non-trivial
DLL to work. I even tried several VC5/4 and gcc compile/link combinations.

A sample which has following construction would be help:

cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses - a_dll.dll
cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses - b_dll.dll
a_dll.dll <- uses - b_dll.dll
cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses -  a_exe.exe