Re: Beta-19 and configurations....

Hi Christopher,

[...]
>In the cygwin model, people contribute their opinions.  If a Makefile
>needs to be rewritten, somebody complains that the Makefile is not
>working as it should.  If a script is required, somebody is amazed that
>it is not already in existence.  If a feature is needed, somebody claims
>that they are now moving to OpenNT because it is missing.
>
>I wish I understood why this is.  It would be nice to have an active
>community like Linux which had a core of helpful and knowledgable people
>willing to pitch in and fix things.  Alas, that does not seem to be the
>case here.

Windows (NT) users are used to buy there software, not to develop it.
If something is wrong, they *have to* ask MS or someone else or even have
to wait for bugfixes from MS, cause there are only a few bugs you can get
around by yourself.
So - perhaps Windows users have to learn step by step to help themselves
without waiting for God's help. IMHO this list and this project is a
good starting point - this is mainly, why I am here.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-