RE: HUGE filesystem PROBLEM (too big to be true)

The reskit TAR command runs under Microsoft's limited POSIX subsystem.
The restriction on files named COMn, LPTn, AUX, and CON are imposed by
Win32, not by the underlying filesystems. Because Win32 imposes the
restriction, it's next to impossible to evade it for Win32 apps (in
which category cygwin-based apps live). Basically, Win32 treats usage of
these names as references to the DOS-world devices with those names.

The easiest way to remove the file is to use a POSIX-subsystem rm or
unlink command. I thought the reskit included rm.

An alternative is to get the 30-day demo of OpenNT, install it, remove
the file, then uninstall OpenNT. (Of course, I'd rather you played with
it a bit and considered buying it, but that's another story.)

Jason Zions
Softway Systems Inc.
Makers of OpenNT: POSIX, Unix, and more for Windows NT

-