Re: X display && [Q] X11: can't open display

ThanX for all your answers. I didn't tell the whole truth about the
X-display. For some
reason DISPLAY should get exported if set in .bashrc like
    DISPLAY=localhost:0.0; export DISPLAY
Now everything works fine.

By the way, I compiled the gnu plotutils vs. 2.0 pretty much without any
changes. The only thing that needs to get done is changing the order of
some libraries for the linker (otherweise you'll get some undefined
symbols).
Generally, -TX is not a good idea with the MI-X server (frequent crashes),
but I didn't got into the details because I only need the -Tps device which
seems to work.

jg

-