gnumake and win95

My apologies if this isn;t the right place or if it has already been
settled :)

Just started our N64 development and I want to try to get gnumake to
work, rather than the plain we get with the devkit. I have version 3.75
of gnumake for win32.  I've made my Makefile to do the automatic
dependencies etc, but, the problem is when it tries to restart itself.

It seems to have fished out its path from somewhere (arg[0]?) and
converter the \'s to /'s and then fails due to that.

Here is a gnumake -d run (or the end of it) from a DOS box:

 Considering target file `Makefile'.
 File `Makefile' was considered already.
Re-executing: C:/PSYQ_WIN/TOOLS/GNUMAKE.EXE -d
C:\PSYQ_WIN\TOOLS\GNUMAKE.EXE: C:/PSYQ_WIN/TOOLS/GNUMAKE.EXE: Command not
found

What can I do to get around that? Is there an ENV var perhaps I can set
or something I can do to DOS to make it accept /'s as well.

Thanks in advance for any reply,

Lundy

Jorgen Lundman
Programmer