RE: IDEs (was: Please Help...)

Wow... thank terry.  I was looking around and was wondering about the
Source
Navagator???  Is that possiblly what i'm looking for?  I off to get Emacs
now.
Thanx Again.

Source Navigator is designed more for managing the complexity of large
systems. Now I wrote some huge programs as a student, but nothing that
should need that sort of power. A better tool would be Foundry; it's a
complete IDE, much like Visual C++, MetroWerks CodeWarrior or Visual Age
for C++, any of which are wonderful products. I've had the most experience
with VC++ and I'll just say that if MS could build OSes like they do
development tools, the only thing anyone would complain about would be the
help system. . .
I've only seen friends and colleagues use CodeWarrior and VAC++, but I
would use similar praise for them (of course, some of those words could
result in a win/os/2/mac holy war). The only one I haven't seen is Foundry,
but given the quality of the software Cygnus is giving us for free, I'm
sure their commercial offerings are simply splendid. The IDE that I have
altogether ignored is Borland's. I must admit that I know absolutely
nothing about it, other than the fact that it's users are as loyal to it as
Amiga's were. To avoid another holy war, I will say that given why Amiga's
users were loyal, Borland's Visual C++ must be a fine piece of work.

You're welcome,
Terry

-