Re: Free X-Server ?

Frank Butter wrote:

>Thanks for the multiple responses. I tried the server from
>http://www.microimages.com  and it works fine.
>But with some programs (unfortunatelly are the most important pieces
amongst
>them) I'vo problems with the fonts.
>(e.g. "font
>"-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-sans-14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1" does
>n't exist"). Any suggestion how o fix it?

Are you trying to use Windows fonts with the MI/X server? I don't think
that's supported. You have to use X fonts. The MI/X FAQ describes what these
are and how to install them, but I don't think it tells you where to get
them. I hunted around the web a bit after I installed MI/X and found a nice
collection of fonts (probably on an X11 distribution site), but I don't
remember where that was.

(On the other hand, if Windows fonts ARE supposed to work with MI/X, I'd
love to know how to get it to work...)

Craig

-