Re: Free X-Server ?

Yes, go to www.x.org and get the fonts from the X11R6 release.  Follow the
FAQ from Microimages regarding their installation.  The FAQ also suggests a
site from which you can download the required fonts - if you use that site
you won't have to download the entire X distribution.

... jeff

At 12:50 PM 2/19/98 +0800, Frank Butter wrote:

>Thanks for the multiple responses. I tried the server from
>http://www.microimages.com  and it works fine.
>But with some programs (unfortunatelly are the most important pieces amongst
>them) I'vo problems with the fonts.
>(e.g. "font
>"-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-sans-14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1" does
>n't exist"). Any suggestion how o fix it?
>
>THX
>Frank
>

>-

Jeffrey C. Fried      Jeff@Fried.net

   Because a liar tells the truth does not mean the truth is a lie.

NOTICE: I charge $500.00 for each unsolicited advertisement i receive as email
to cover the cost of my time to review and possibly respond to your
advertisement.
-