Somewhat Off topic Q on Window Handle

Hello All,

Over the last few weeks I have been writing source-portable C code to build for
OpenVMS, AIX, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 95, Linux, Cygwin32, other Unixes.
  The code does file handling, TCP/IP network connectivity, etc..  Most of the
code is platform independent.  Same code builds on all the platforms mentioned.
 Some bits, naturally, are platform specific.  For example daemonising code is
different for Windows NT (NT Service), Windows 95 (cut down service control
manager), unix(es) and OpenVMS.  I am happy to say that the generic Unix
daemonising code from W.Richard Stevens' book works like a treat (with one
minor exception) under Cygwin32 as it does under Linux (with another minor
exception) as it does under 'real' unixes.  Good on you guys.  Terrific job
with gygwin32 and coolview. Thanks.

Perhaps these knowledgeable in Win32 could assist with one minor issue ?  I
appreciate this is not related directly to cygwin32.
The code on Win95 runs within a console/command window.  I have a desire to
minimise the console window.  How do I get a hWnd (window handle) to the
console window my executable is running in ?
I tried GetActiveWindow but it returns NULL - the window is not active.  All
other Win32 functions dealing with windows appear to need a hWnd to be able to
do things like minimize window.

TIA

Michael Czapski
MCzapski@stc.com