Re: Coolview problems - everything went slow!

You're probably gonna get loads of replies to this, but, as it's
actually a problem I can help you with ;-)  here goes...

The problem with your .bashrc file is to do with the fact that coolview
is expecting UNIX text files, ie, files that use CR to end a line, not
CR/LF like Win/Dos does.  The way to fix this is to download gsar.exe
from Chuck Bogorad's page (see link belo), as this has an option (-du)
to convert text files to unix format.  Also, you need to make sure your
mounts have (text=binary) and not (text!=binary) which can be fixed with
a simple regedit (just search for cygwin, then amend the (1) after
fbinary to be (0) - I changed the mount entries under both
'Cygnus Solutions' and 'Cygnus Support')

Alternatively, just take a look at the following web page -

http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru/

which contains all this information and more.

Morph

-