Re: gdb consistantly fails upon termination

In article <01BD4125.98B472C0@a163.rmorton.com>,
Andy J. Bober <abober@rmorton.com> wrote:
>Hello all.
>This is my first post to the list so forgive me if I this has already
>been covered.
>I cannot seem to keep gdb from generating a GPF every time I quit the
>debugger when a file is loaded.
>* At the console version's command line, typing 'quit' results in a GPF.
>* Selecting FILE|EXIT form the GUI version's menu results in a GPF.
>
>Is this a setup problem?  Below is my environment setup.

I don't think it is a setup problem.  There was a problem with gdb which
manifested if you were debugging a program and did not let the program
run to completion before exiting gdb.

I've submitted a patch for this which should fix the problem in the
forthcoming B19 release.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."