Re: Set MAKE_MODE=UNIX and do a test drive with slang?

At 09:16 AM 2/27/98 -1000, you wrote:
>> Did you do a test drive with some of the more common things from Unixland?
>> If you set MAKE_MODE to UNIX, call bash-2.01, and proceed to configure a
>> Unix-style Makefile under slang, there are error messages and the gcc
>> tests print to the screen between lines of the configure script.  This
>> is after using cygnus.bat.  Early shakedown problems or missing batch
>> file lines?
>
>I've done some large builds with a pre-release of b19 for testing.
>I've had no problems once I got everything set up right.  Do you
>have all b19 bins in your path before the b18 bins?  Did you copy
>new sh.exe to /bin?

I stand corrected.  Copying sh.exe into c:\bin makes the difference.  Now,
if there
were some way to undo the mischief that John Davis did by putting #ifdef
__CYGWIN32__
into his latest code to prevent Unix-style configures and compiles.

Oh, BTW:  I think that the cygnus people overlooked libwsock32.a again,
seeing that
you get messages about socket functions missing under the slrn newsreader,
even when
the latest libwsock32.a and its -L/.... prefix are used on the link line.

-