Re: Newlib compilation

> Why can't I get newlib (from the ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnuwin32/latest
> cdk-src.tar) to compile?
> I am trying to create a cygwin.dll, and it appears that newlib is a
> dependant of winsup so tries to make it.
>
> So far, while trying to make winsup (using make all-target-winsup in src
> directory), all of my problems have been with making newlib. These are,
>
> 1. No configure file in newlib directory (so I downloaded newlib-1.8.0
> from ftp.cygnus.com and stole it from there. The src makefile was then
> able to create the newlib makefiles and continue).

Hmm..  You're running config in each dir?
CDK built fine for me.  I just:

    - made obj directory (mine was in /usr/src/cdk/obj)
    - went into obj directory
    - ran the configure script for cdk
      ($srcdir/configure --prefix=/install i386-cygwin32)
    - ran make

when make was finished everything had built.

                                          Tim N.
-