Entering Characters during sleep !

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a problem while running a program which do sleep
before prompting for input.
All the input characters that are entered during this time are not
entered into the input buffer so it is as I didn't enter them at all.

I have this small code which illustrates this problem.
This problem doesn't happen neither on UNIX nor on MSVC.
P.S. Instead of doing sleep I entered a big loop and it acted the same.

Any ideas ?
Thanks,

#include <stdio.h>
main()