RE: Filename globbing with non-Cygwin parents...

Robertson, Jason V wrote:
> I just did more investigating and I think I understand why non-Cygwin
> parents will cause children to glob the commandline arguments.  If the
PID
> environment variable were still used in b19.1 (it's not - correct?)
instead
> of the shared_info structure I could fake out children that I'm a Cygnus
> application.

The PID environment variable isn't used. Cygwin's start-up code compares
win32 PID of the application with the ones stored in cygwin's process
table. If no match was found, the application thinks that it was started by
non-cygwin parent and performs globbing.

> Or is there a better way to turn off globbing in children?  I would also

Set environment variable CYGWIN32 to "noglob".

> need a way for a non-Cygwin application to determine if its parent is a
> Cygwin application.

I know no way.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos