Re: Linking egcs built DLL's with MSVC++??

Hi Mark

Bad news, this is impossible for several reasons.

1. binary incompatibility between MS/CYGNUS pei libraries (currently being worked on :)
2. name mangeling/abi incompatibility between MS/gnu C++ (according to the gnu G++ FAQ this is unresolvable
    since MS's abi is proprietary although I seem to recall having heard that it is being worked on)
3. dll startups for cygwin32 dlls need to initialize the cygwin32 posix layer, which
    means using the cygwin32 mainCRTStartup, which you can't with link.exe because AFAIK
    it can't manufacture the __data_start__ __text_start__ etc. symbols in the proper places.

PLEASE anyone who knows workarounds for any of the above, jump in!!!

-