Problems Compiling Perl 5.005_02 on Win32

Cheers,

I'm new to the list . . . and I've already got a problem. :-)

I am attempting to get Perl 5.005_02 to compile on Cygnus beta 19.  I was
unsuccessful for quite a while until I copied the contents of the
Cygnus/B19 directory to /gnuwin32.  Now, apparently, the scripts are
starting to find things in the right place, and are starting to be able to
compile.

Two things distress me:

First, I see a lot of incompatible pointer type errors in regards to
util.c.  Is this normal?

Second, make fails when it gets to making Data::Dumper.  While ld'ing
Dumper.base, I get an error message that tells me that ld cannot open
-libperlexp, that there is no such file or directory.  Any ideas as to why
it can't find it?

Thanks so much for your help,

Kyle

-