Re: Question on tape Devices

Hi Corinna,

[...]
>I have sent the necessary files to Philip now.
>
>Unfortunately, I don't have a public ftp server, to
>publish it and I don't want to mail it to gnu-win32,
>because the mail is about 500K (gziped).

If you want to, here is an offer:

------------------------< snip snip snip >-----------------------------

   *How to upload to German GNUWIN32 site*
   -------------------------------------

   - how to upload to our German GNUWIN32 site:

         site: ftp.franken.de
         user: ftp/anonymous
     password: <email address>

     To get directly to the GNUWIN32 upload/incoming directory type
     "cd gnuwin32:" (note the colon following "gnuwin32") and then
     "cd incoming"

     Please always add a short readme on what you've uploaded.
     I'd like best, if the description would follow this format:

  ----------------------< snip snip snip >-------------------------
  *<package name>*
  --------------

  - what is it?
    - <short package description>

  - system
    - <system type, i.e. Windows NT4, Windows 95, ...>

  - preliminaries
    - <which arrangements to make>

  - configure
    - <which changes and parameters are necessary for configure>

  - make
    - <which changes and parameters are necessary for make>

  - make install
    - <which changes and parameters are necessary for make install>

  - notes
    - <what else might be interesting to know>

  - package availability
    - on <site name>
    - in <path>
    - as <package name>

  - contributed by
    - <email address> (<your name>)
  ----------------------< snip snip snip >-------------------------

     There is no need to tell me, that you have uploaded something,
     because I'll get informed automatically.

     Please note:
     *I will delete anything, which does not look like a useful*
     *GNUWIN32 package !*
     *So please don't upload any warez, spam or similar garbage !*

>Corinna

Thx and bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-