gdb - Win95 problem - stack?

I'm having a problem with gdb on Win95 (I get the same behavior with
both the cygwin gdb and the latest mingw32 gdb). When I use gdb
on a very simple test V GUI program (compiled with mingw32), I get the following:
C:\TestV>gdb testv.exe
GNU gdb 4.17
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions
This GDB was configured as "i386-mingw32"...
(gdb) run
run
Starting program: C:\TestV/testv.exe
7fd10000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CRTDLL.DLL
bff60000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USER32.DLL
bfec0000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ADVAPI32.DLL
bff70000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
bff30000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GDI32.DLL
bfb90000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.DLL
7fdc0000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELL32.DLL
bfe30000:C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINMM.DLL
c2c0000:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT HARDWARE\POINT32.DLL

0xbff78dc1 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
(gdb)
Using gdb on Windows NT with the same program works fine. The messages for the
DLL sequence is different on NT (shorter), but I can set breakpoints, and do
the normal debug stuff on NT, but always get the SIGSEGV on Win95.

The message implies a stack problem. Is there a way to increase the stack size
on Win95? I looked at all the documentation (and the archives) I could find for g++, gdb, and
ld, and could find nothing about setting or changing the stack size or about this
problem.

Thanks for any help or info you have.

--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.