Re: compiling ncurses (WAS Re: less, misbehaving)

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 01:59:00AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Larry Hall said: "Someone recently added an option
> for bash of the form "@<file>" where <file> is the name of a file.  This
> causes problems for a sed script that uses '@' as field separators."

Yeah, we're in the midst of fixing the code in Cygwin that handles
@file.  This one's our fault.  :-)

> He's right - "@" is the problem, but you can't use "/" as the
> separator in the offending sed command, because the search/replace
> strings are pathnames and might contain "/". I applied the attached
> patch and everything compiled fine. The patch modifies line 5917
> only, and changes some of the @'s in that line to %'s.

I've also seen this problem though in sed expressions which don't
contain the @ symbol so that's not the only problem I'm seeing.
Well, I'll go play with it some more...

--
Geoffrey Noer