Re: Building RCS 5.7 with egcs-1.1-cygb19 fails

|> ./conf.sh: configuring has_map_fd, has_mmap, has_madvise, mmap_signal ...
|> make[1]: *** [conf.h] Error 1
|> make: *** [all] Error 2

The configure script makes a bad assumption about memory mapping, and
cygwin (Win32 really) works slightly differently.  You need to fix the
script (there is already a hook for platform specifics) or come up with
some other fix. Search the list archives for my name and you should come
up with a patch to work around this.  I also believe one of the cygwin32
repositories hosting program compilation instructions has the details.

Cheers,
//lat
--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.  However, this is not
necessarily a good idea.  It is hard to be sure where they are going

-