RE: tar, zip, gzip troubles

>> you may specify your setup and environment, so we can get a clue why
that
happens. I had never problems with the Cygwin32 (CDK, not usertool
package)
tar and gzip utils. <<

Well, to be precise, on my homebox it's also the CDK, but at work I use
the usertools.
Someone else already pointed out that I should use the tar -z option
instead of piping through gzip - this cured the tar/gzip problem.
The zip/unzip problem persists, however. My setup is plain vanilla,
AFAIK:
- Boot drive is C:, NT4 %SYSTEMDRIVE% is D:
- Installed the CDK to D:/Win32App/Tools/Cygnus
- created D:/tmp and D:/bin and copied sh.exe to /bin
- downloaded the InfoZip ported to CygWin from
http://www.i21.com/~tjump/files/index.html
- put the binaries to the Cygnus/B19/H-i386.../bin dir.

Just an example of what happens:
Markus@~/Programmieren/Projekt/Tricarb#zip tricarb *.cpp Hlp/*.bmp
  adding: stdafx.cpp    zip warning:  file size changed while zipping
stdafx.cpp

 s=123, actual=122
zip error: Internal logic error (incorrect compressed size)

Any clues?
Markus

Dr. Markus Hoenicka
DLR Inst. Aerospace Medicine